Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Liberal Bias?

This blog was conceived with the intent of fostering a spirit of inquiry and independent thought, encouraging the habit of not accepting information without considering its veracity.

It is not my intent to forward any political agenda. I envisioned discussing both liberal and conservative memes and expected that I would find outrageous distortions of facts by both sides.

What I have so far found is that while the anti-conservative groups tend to create Internet memes that are every bit as critical (and in some cases down right nasty) as the anti-liberals, they more often use words of their own to express these opinions.

Even the most rabid groups tend to package their vitriol in modern lingo and pop culture images, rather than quoting from the past to make their point today. Plenty of outrageous freedom of expression, but not much blatant distortion of other people's words.

I will keep looking each day, and I hope others will feel free to call my attention to any liberal memes that need debunking,  but in the meantime, I'm going to keep working on those I do find, whatever their agenda.


No comments:

Post a Comment